The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Scripts folder Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Under OO4, scripts are now stored in ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner 4.

And they work.

But when I'm using OO4, and click on the Scripts applet in my menu bar, no OO4 scripts show up in the drop-down menu.

And if I click on Open Scripts Folder, and then Open OmniOutliner Scripts folder, it points me to the OLD location for OO scripts, which is ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniOutliner.

I suppose I could just move my OO4 scripts to the old location ... but then I'm wondering if there's some reason why I should leave them in the new location. Is there? And if so, how do I get the Scripts applet to reveal the OO4 scripts in the new location?

The scripts being in ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner 4 allows them to be added to the toolbar in OmniOutliner. If you don't do that, then you can put them wherever you'd like.

So if we want to add a few scripts to the OO4 toolbar, but access the others through the Scripts applet, we can't do both? That seems inconvenient.

I'm not really all that familiar with the script applet, but it would seem it hasn't been updated to account for sandboxed apps. There's nothing we can do about that unfortunately.

Though, maybe you can symlink the two folders

Last edited by DerekM; 2014-01-23 at 02:00 PM..

Simlink=good idea.

How do I do that?

If your scripts are currently in ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4, enter the following in Terminal:
Code:
ln -s ~/Library/Applications\ Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4 [path to other folder]

Tried it ... didn't work.

I went into terminal and entered:

Ln -s ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4 ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniOutliner

The result is that when I click on the Scripts applet (while OO4 is in use) I get an alias icon, next to which is com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4. But not the actually scripts.

So I deleted the symlinks, and just made aliases of the scripts in the new folder and moved those aliases to the old folder. Now it works. I get the alias scripts in the Scripts applet, and they work.

(Only problem: the Scripts applet menu now shows "Clipboard Outline.script alias" instead of merely "Clipboard outline".)