The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem sorting by Due Date in Projects view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have a bunch of projects, each with tasks and corresponding due dates as usual.

I have the following settings in the Projects view for a Project:

Project Filter: Remaining
Grouping: Ungrouped
Sorting: Due
Availability Filter: Remaining
Status Filter: Any Status
Estimated Time Filter: Any Duration

However, the tasks are not being sorted by date. In fact, they show up in random order: the first task is due 9/23/11, the next today (9/18), and the last one tomorrow (9/19).

Am I missing something here?

Vsuri

Ok, just saw http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15514

... and wondering if anyone had a better solution that selecting all tasks within the project and doing Edit -> Sort -> Due Date.

Thanks

vsuri

They aren't showing up in random order, they should be showing up in the order they appear in your project(s). If you want to sort the display on an action by action basis, you need to use Context mode — Project mode sorts the display by projects, not actions. If you want to actually rearrange the actions, so that they will be presented to you in a different order in a Next Action view, you need to do Edit->Sort.