The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Images in notes not showing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBerry View Post
Here's the fix:

When you drag an attachment to OF on the desktop, it gets added as an alias (to keep the database size down). You can see that because the curser changes to an alias arrow before you drop, though it would be very helpful if the resultant attachment icon let you know it was an alias, and gave some clue which file it actually was.

Obviously aliases don't get synced, as they're useless on the iPhone.

To do what you want, you have to copy and paste the file into the notes field. It'll increase the desktop database size, but will then sync.

The only issue I've found is that large pictures (approx 1mb) don't always display properly on the iPhone, which I think is a memory issue not specifically an OF one.

Works with pdf's too, and I guess with any other file type the iPhone can display. Works with more than one attachment per action as well.

HTH

Mark
Thanks for the info. This is VERY non-intuitive. When you do add it as an alias, the icon in the task does not show that it is such. Very confusing. Also, it can be a pain in the ass to do this when you are adding an attachment that you have in an email because you have to save it to your desktop, then copy it, then paste it. Would be good if there were some way to improve the behaviour, but that thx for the help it is working the way you suggest.

Well I'm not sure the method itself is unintuitive. To me it's expected and desireable, and therefore intuitive, that dragging a file to an app like OF would add an alias rather than copying the actual file.

However, I agree completely that the resulting icon should be marked as an alias, and also think it's essential that a tooltip or similar be added so that you can tell what the file actually is when you look at it later!

It'd also help (e.g. with your "drag from e-mail" issue) if you could press alt to modify the behaviour, like you can in finder.

Mark