The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

File open error Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm still using Omni Graffle 4, although I tried the trial version of 5.

When I try to open many of my Omni Graffle documents, I get the error: The document “<filename>.graffle” could not be opened. Conversion of string failed. The string is empty.

This error happened in the trial of 5, as well as my registered version of 4. I deleted the trial version of 5. I also deleted several prefs files, including

com.omnigroup.OmniGrafflePro.LSSharedFileList.plis t
com.omnigroup.OmniGrafflePro.plist
com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle.plist

I use OmniGraffle infrequently, based on my client's needs, so I'm unsure of any past actions that would have corrupted these files. Last time I used them, they worked, and today, they don't!

Any thoughts? Maybe there are some other files I can delete?

I'm able to open some of my old files, just not all of them.