The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb using more CPU time on Leopard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ever since I upgraded to Leopard, OmniWeb has been pegging the CPU at about an average of 10% while idle. It didn't do this under Tiger, and is now causing my battery to drain quicker when OW is running. Have others experienced this, and is there any sort of workaround or solution?

I have a 17" Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz, ATI graphics), if that helps. No APE, no third-party kexts save those from Steermouse and VMware.

Hi, can you get a sample of OmniWeb for us? This will help tell us just what is going wrong for you.

To do this. Open activity monitor found in your applications utilities folder. Find and select OmniWeb in the list. And click on the Sample Process toolbar button next time OmniWeb is using too much CPU.

If you don't see the option in the toolbar you can also double click on OmniWeb and click the sample button found in this new window.

Save whatever shows up and send it to our support ninjas at omniweb5@omnigroup.com where we can help you track down the issue.

Thanks!