The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Syncing with Calendars but NOT to-do Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if any one knew if you could sync omni with iCal events and not to do's i know this is a strange way. But i would like to create an event in my calendar that corresponds with due date. The reason is that when i look at my calander i love looking at it in line all in one place.
So when I look at my day i see that getting the loaf of bread is during lunch and that i get a reminder to get my butt out from my desk and go get that stuff and not have to break from my task and look at my omni or look in a separate list of things to do in my cal.

Let me know if this can be done

Thanks,
Ryan

Welcome to the forums, Ryan - it sounds like the script discussed in this post does what you're looking for.

Select some actions in OmniFocus, then run the script; it'll convert them to events in iCal.

(For information on why OmniFocus doesn't sync events to the calendar by default, check out this post.)