The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Link to email (Apple Mail) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've had the same intermittent problem dragging email to OmniFocus. Sometimes it works great, then some bit gets flipped somewhere and it stops. I have tried sleeping the machine to no avail. Restarting does fix it though.

Anyone know something else to try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeye View Post

As a matter of interest, how do you activate your script? I presume you automate because its quicker than dragging, so do you save the script as an application, and then assign a shortcut to the application?
I can't speak for others, but I have invested in Mail Act On and have used their rules to use a keyboard shortcut to trigger applescripts in mail.

So:
- ctrl-A creates an inbox action with a link back to the original mail.
- ctrl-W triggers Sven Fechner's (SimplicityBliss) script to add the last sent mail to omnifocus prefixed with 'Waiting For'. The script is here: https://gist.github.com/simplicitybliss/4750844

The last one is a godsend to me (thanks Sven) - although I have growl, it hung untill I set the growl setting to false but then works like a dream (I didn't want the notification anyway). Make sure that you save the script in the com.apple.mail folder otherwise it won't be accessible to MailActOn.