The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to upgrade to OO Pro from bundled Standard version? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a Mac (MBP) that came with OmniOutliner Standard 3 (with Macintosh Software Bundle license). (After all the updates I have now OmniOutliner Standard 3.7.)

Now I want to purchase OmniOutliner Professional 3.7. (I am eligible for the Edu pricing.)

Which OmniOutliner version should I buy (to get the lowest price)?

(If I am eligible for the upgrade pricing (from 3 Standard to 3 Pro), how will it confirmed that I really have a Standard version? I have no registration number or anything because OO came with the bundle license.)

Another question: If I am eligible for the upgrade pricing, can I move the OO Pro 3 license to another computer in the future?

E.g. I have now a MBP but I decide to sell it and buy an iMac which doesn't come with any version of OO. Can I remove OmniOutliner from MBP and install it to the iMac - with the same OmniOutliner Pro 3 Upgrade license key? (Of course, the original Mac Software Software Bundle license "key" won't work.)

Last edited by komitoki8; 2008-10-02 at 12:59 PM..

You'll want to go to http://store.omnigroup.com/edu and select the option to upgrade from OmniOutliner 3 to OmniOutliner 3 Professional.

Your eligibility when using a bundled licensed is checked by your MBP's serial number and purchase date.

The upgraded OO Pro 3 license is transferable to any computer you own and has no bundled license restrictions on it.