The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Change shape colors on different canvases Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hullo
I've got some multi-canvas drawings and I want to change the colors of a few shapes, all to the same new color. Is there a way to do this? On the same canvas, I can drag and drop the color, but I lose this palette when I change canvases. Copy/Paste format changes more than just the color. And I cannot get it to work with the style brush either (the color just doesn't transfer).

I'm using OmniGraffle/5.2.3/final-138.17

I can drag and drop the color from a shape onto another canvas, and then drag and drop from the canvas onto the shapes that I want. However, I then cannot remove the color from all around the canvas :-(

Last edited by timcoote; 2010-09-02 at 08:18 AM..

One way to do this would be to go to the color picker, get your desired color all set up, choose the Color Palettes pane (3rd one from the left), under the gear menu choose New and name your color. That color will be available for selection in all your canvases, and all your documents, for that matter.

I'd suggest using the Style Brush, you can filter it down to just the Fill color in its drop down menu, then Option-click an existing shape to copy its style, then on other canvases click the shapes you want to change.

Hope that helps,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I'd suggest using the Style Brush, you can filter it down to just the Fill color in its drop down menu, then Option-click an existing shape to copy its style, then on other canvases click the shapes you want to change.

Hope that helps,
I started with the style brush, but it didn't work as expected. I want to set the color of the surrounding lines of the shapes, not their fill color and this doesn't seem to be an option.

In that case, you want to click-hold on the style brush, then set it to change the "Stroke" rather than the "Fill" or anything else. Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
In that case, you want to click-hold on the style brush, then set it to change the "Stroke" rather than the "Fill" or anything else. Does that help?
yes. It did. Thanks. It's all working satisfactorily now. utt, I suspect.