The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

send-to-omnifocus emails not working? android phone alternatives? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm trying to use the send-to-omnifocus@omnigroup.com email to add tasks from my phone because I have an Android phone (a happy convert from an iPhone a few months ago). However, when I try to click the link in the return email it doesn't seem to work. It seems gmail and/or chrome doesn't like the omnifocus:/// style link.

Has anyone figured out an appropriately easy workflow to add omnifocus tasks to their inbox from their android phone?

A little experimentation shows that while the gmail web app running in Chrome won't act on those links in the message, Chrome will use the link if pasted into the URL bar. Seems like the Apple MobileMe Mail app has the same issue.

Why not just use the Mac Mail app to read those messages? Set up a smart mailbox to show you just those, and you won't have to wade through the rest of your mail if you want to stick with doing the gmail web app.

You can also use the OmniFocus mail processing (see the built-in help for "processing mail messages into actions") if you're willing to leave Mac Mail running in the background. There should be no issues there as long as you send plain text emails. I use both approaches, with the direct processing option for stuff I know I want to hit OmniFocus immediately, and the send-to-omnifocus for stuff that I might be willing to accumulate before processing.