The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OO4: Are we there yet? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After all the waiting, the wishful thinkings, the civilized discussions in the forums, all that there is left for us wanting OO4 is to sit down and say out loud: Are we there yet?

I will keep repeating this until we learn of the release date. :)

Well, at least your question is easily answered! No, I'm afraid we're not there yet.

What I can say is that now that we've shipped the last of our "iPad or Bust!" apps, OmniOutliner 4 will be our next major app release.

You'll know it's approaching when we start doing public betas, but it's not ready for that yet: we're still reimplementing important pieces of functionality such as attachments (almost done), sidebar navigation, batch find, spellchecking, audio recording, and printing.

Once we do reach public beta, you'll be able to judge directly for yourself how close we are to being there. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks, Ken, for taking the patience to reply to my post. I will sit on my hands until I hear about the public betas.

I have stopped using OmniOutliner since getting an iPad!! Didn't see that coming. I'd been using OO frequently and consistently for months on my MacBook and iMac, saving my notebook in Dropbox. Got an iPad a few weeks ago and bought OO for iPad, set up import/export via webdav successfully. But it turns out I have to think too hard to be able to share my notebook between platforms using this mechanism. Rather than reverting to just using it on the Macs I have stopped using it altogether... wasn't a conscious choice I made, just the way it turned out. Without automatic cloud-sync, this application does not suit the way I work these days. Right now I have the dilemma of having to decide between looking for an alternative, most likely inferior except for cloud-sync, and waiting a bit longer for a sync-capable OO, in hope that one is actually on the way!!