The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A large percentage of websites just aren't compatible Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I really like OmniWeb because it's the fastest browser I've tested on the Mac. In addition, graphics render beautifully, etc. It's an elegant piece of coding, and Omni should be very proud of its handiwork. I'd love to continue using it but Omniweb (5.5 beta2 v602) simply doesn't work with a large swath of websites. I'm talking the full gamut--from commercial transaction, and corporate sites to blogs.

Please don't flame me for not posting the *exact* sites where I encountered these problems. I spent the day researching on financial websites, then tried to attach a .pdf while logged into my employer's web-based email system (which works fine with FF, IE, and Safari). I also tried to buy a book on Barnes and Noble's website to no avail. There were problems on other websites as well.

I'm willing to pay a premium for a browser that works as well as OmniWeb *should*, but I really need reliability, which OmniWeb, at this point, simply can't offer. Am I missing something? Is there some setting I should be using? (I tried to fool my employer's web-based mail site into thinking I was using several different browsers... nothing worked for the attachment.)

I'm really disappointed.