The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dear OmniFocus, I cheated on you and I'm sorry. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yes, it's true. I was tempted by an old friend, Things. I couldn't resist - her UI is so nice looking and she's easy to work with. Plus, she recently added a, shall I say, enhanced feature.

Don't fret, though, OmniFocus. After a few hours of experimental flirtation I'm back to my rock: you!

She doesn't even compare to you. You're rich in features and power, the real deal, while she appears more like a nice toy.

Nonetheless, my devotion to you, OmniFocus, has increased two-fold. I'm forever loyal.

Sincerely,
Marc D.

If I have to apologize every time I check out another task manager, I'd never get any work done.

Marcde, you gave me a chuckle, but you're being way too hard on yourself. The important thing is that folks find the right tool for them - sometimes that's OmniFocus, and sometimes it isn't. Besides, experimentation is the basis of most of human achievement!

Furthermore, changing things up from time to time can have benefits - see the Hawthorne effect - so long as you don't change systems so frequently you never actually get anything done. ;-)

Welcome back, though!