The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing: Feature Requests, User Experiences, Brainstorming Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Gantt charts being what they are (big, information rich, complicated), the printing experience in project planning software can greatly impact the user experience.

I wanted to get the ball rolling on a discussion thread around the subject of printing. Does anybody have any questions, tips or feature requests?

Here are a couple feature requests to get the ball rolling:
+The ability to include task titles when printing Outline & Gantt
+The ability to specify the depth of tasks to be printed (e.g. "print everything up to three tasks deep").

Also, has anybody tried printing from OmniPlan on a wide-format printer?

Geoff

The ability to include task titles when printing Outline & Gantt will be working in OmniPlan 1.1. There was a bug in OmniPlan 1.0 that prevented this from working correctly.

The ability to specify the depth of tasks to be printed is a feature request in our database. Please post here or email us at omniplan@omnigroup.com if you'd like to vote for this feature. :)

Add my vote please!

Add my vote too!

Glad to hear the gantt task names is being fixed!

I'd also like to be able to select 'fit to xx pages wide' as well as so many a pages tall. There's nothing worse than having a page with just a few bits on it.

Incidentally, is it possible to change the colour/thickness of certain separator lines? It would be much clearer if, say, the month separator lines were bolder than the week ones.

sheris and pslade:

Your votes have been added.

rjmusto:

You can set a "fit to xx pages wide x pages tall" in OmniPlan's print settings. Just go to the print screen and select "OmniPlan" from the drop-down menu to access these options.

There isn't a way to change the color/thickness for different separator lines. I'll file a feature request for this in our database.