The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Why review empty single-action lists? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am a new user of OmniFocus, trying to create a system that will fit me at the moment and I was wondering why anyone would want to review an empty SAL project, such as the default "Miscellaneous" one?

With usual projects, as I understand, you want to review empty projects because you probably want to either mark them as complete, or put them on hold, but an empty SAL doesn't need any of that. It just sits there waiting for the new tasks to be put into it. I don't understand what am I supposed to review in this case.

Am I missing something? Or is there a way to configure OmniFocus to treat empty SAL projects differently in terms of review?

Thanks!

The same reason you review an empty project: you might realize there are additional tasks to be added. The review feature is intended to provide a structured way to make sure all of your projects are regularly assessed.

But there is no ongoing project, by definition it is a list of single actionable tasks. There is nothing to review if it is empty.

Yes, there is something to review — an empty list. Part of doing a review is identifying that something should be added.