The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

URGENT how do i access actions? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to know how to access actions from my pc. If you k now please help thanks

smalltownboy
Today, 01:41 PM
i just got omnifocus and I want to get stuff out of actions. I scanned youre board and it seems difficult. Any quick ways?
Last edited by smalltownboy; Today at 02:10 PM..
Post 1

whpalmer4
Today, 02:56 PM
Perhaps if we had a clear idea of what you mean by "get stuff out of actions" you might get better answers. OmniFocus does support copy/cut/paste, if you are trying to send something to another app. If you are trying to remove actions, a right-swipe ought to bring up a delete button.
Post 2

smalltownboy
Today, 06:25 PM
Sori I stored lots of audio and taken pics how do I get to save them not delet e them.
Last edited by smalltownboy; Today at 06:29 PM..
Post 3

whpalmer4
Today, 07:00 PM
Ah, got it. Do you only have the iPhone app, or do you have the desktop OmniFocus as well? If the latter, you can simply drag the attachments to wherever you want to keep them in the Finder. If you only have the iPhone app, it is possible but more complicated than I have time to describe right now, sorry!
Post 4

smalltownboy
Today, 07:09 PM
thanxs. looked in he manual and on the board but I have a pc running windows 7 and the answers seem to me be apple only. i want to get the the pics and audio out. i tried to find a a wifi answer but cant.
Post 5

Last edited by smalltownboy; 2010-06-07 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: new title

Hi smalltownboy

There's no doubt better ways than the following suggestions, but I'll have to leave that to more experienced hands to explain!

If you just need a quick way to get pictures out, you can open the photo within OmniFocus and take a screenshot (press the power button and menu button simultaneously). It will add the OmniFocus image to Photos on your iPhone. The result will have the menu bars showing but you can crop these off in another App or on your PC.

As far as audio goes, the only way I know of is to borrow another iPhone, hit Voice Memo on that, play the audio stored in OmniFocus and hold them top-to-tail.

As you have a PC, I would recommend getting a different App for GTD. OmniFocus is more an iPhone viewer for people that have the desktop program, rather than a standalone App.

Hope the above helps. :)

Do you have a WebDAV server you could use for syncing, even though you only have one client? If so, you should be able to retrieve the attachments, with a bit of work. I'll try to write up a description in the next day or two, when I can spend some "quality time" with a PC :rolleyes:

While I agree that OmniFocus is more powerful when you have both desktop and iPhone versions, I do think that one can do pretty well with just the iPhone app if one is proficient at typing on the soft keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Do you have a WebDAV server you could use for syncing, even though you only have one client? If so, you should be able to retrieve the attachments, with a bit of work. I'll try to write up a description in the next day or two, when I can spend some "quality time" with a PC :rolleyes:

While I agree that OmniFocus is more powerful when you have both desktop and iPhone versions, I do think that one can do pretty well with just the iPhone app if one is proficient at typing on the soft keyboard.
As always whpalmer4, I'm in awe of your generosity in helping people on this board. However, as far as OmniFocus as a standalone App, I'm afraid that I totally disagree. If you re-read my technique above for getting audio out, I'm pretty sure you'll understand that I originally got the idea from a comedy sketch! Just to get a attachments out, your suggesting a WebDAV server (I have no idea what that is) and that's going to take you, an expert, quality time at a PC to explain. If you take a look at OmniFocus's competition, Apps such as 2do, Things, Remember The Milk, ToDo, etc. have varying facilities that let you email in-and-out including attachments, delegate an action to other App users, add to Facebook, 'tweet' completed, send as SMS or MMS, etc.

I haven't got any kind of grudge against Omni nor am I trying to promote other Apps. I've been using 'Outliner and 'Graffle since v.1 and have paid for the subsequent upgrades. I have 'Focus on my laptop and on my iPhone BUT I'm genuinely surprised that you believe that the OmniFocus App is suitable for someone who only has an iPhone or an iPhone & PC! I'd honestly be interested to learn from your experience, because I've stopped recommending OmniFocus to casual GTD users because of the lack of import-export.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-06-09 at 11:32 AM..

thanks for help gents. I did screenshotting but image is crap. Ive got lots of jammed pics/audio in omni so info on webdav servers if n e one can tell me how to do this be great. I got omni thinking $$$$$$price=more features. Ill look at task managers above.

Last edited by smalltownboy; 2010-06-10 at 12:56 AM..

Hi smalltownboy

I apologise that my quick-and-dirty technique for getting pics out wasn't any use. However, I've just realised there may be another solution for you. Do you know anyone who has a Mac or access to one? If so, you could ask them to download the free trial of the full OmniFocus program along with a trial of MobileMe (www.me.com). You would then be able to sync your iPhone and be able to get your pictures and audio out of the App.

I gather from your thread that you have only just purchased OmniFocus. If it doesn't meet your needs I've been advised by whpalmer4 in another thread that you can get a refund within 30 days.

Hope the above is more helpful than my last post!