The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Context not showing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am new to Omnifocus. Just installed today. This is I am certain this is operator error, but if you could help I would appreciate it.

I enter new tasks in the inbox. I set them up with contexts, but when I look at eh Context Mode I can't see them. Could someone point out what I am doing wrong?

Look at the FAQ. Once I changed the hierarchy to context, cleanup got everything straght.

jabrewer3

It sound like you've got things working now, jabrewer3. But just to reiterate: items in the OmniFocus inbox do not show up in context mode because anything in the inbox is not considered actionable. In other words, if it's in the inbox, it's still being processed.

To move items out of the inbox (i.e. to process them), you need to assign a project or context or both (depending on your preference settings). Then either hit the Clean Up toolbar button or wait for a while and OmniFocus will file them for you.

Hope this helps and glad you've got things working.