The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to you look at long task names that end with ... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a lot of long task names since it helps me to drill down to the true next action. On the desktop, the task title wraps to a second line and I can see the whole thing.

But on my iPad (which I just got yesterday morning) the long task title ends with '...' and I can't see a way to expand it. So I'm tapping it as if to edit it and then I'm scrolling along it, like I've learned to do to edit text on the iPhone. But I keep thinking there must be a better way and that I'm just missing a setting somewhere.

Any ideas.

Last edited by letega; 2011-03-13 at 10:39 AM..

Hmmm, I just checked how it works on my iPhone. And when I tap on a task with a long title, it shows me the whole thing in 2 lines or 3 lines if necessary.

I must be missing something for the iPad.

Hello,
Seems to be an old thread, but I still have the same problem. A long action name (but not a project name) is fully visble on the iPhone in multiple lines, but on the iPad app I've resorted to editing and using long press to view the. Its very inconvenient.

Is there any other way to view long project and action names at a quick glance on the iPad?
thanks