The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 6.0 - The Wish List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know, I know... OW5.5 isn't even done yet.. but I don't want these guys to rest on their Dazzling Plans.

Here is my growing list:

- Better RSS. Something along the lines of Safari, although if they figured out a way to do a better "portal" type RSS feed look, that would be great (see http://www.netvibes.com and Sage extensions)

- More bookmark features. Check for duplicates etc. Think management. Also, ability to use (Ala Shiiira) but not import Safari.

- More integration of features found in FireFox Extensions (auto-update, html code, more status reports).

- Spotlight integration of bookmarks, history, etc.

- OmniTabs Extreme: Tabs that are from the same site should be indented, smaller and grouped. If I open a new tab, and close it, bring me back to the tab I was on when I opened it.

- Integrate some of the best features of Firefox Extensions like Web Developer, X-ray, Measure It, Google Notebook, Sage and Extended Status Bar (great stuff there).

BZ

Quote:
More integration of features found in FireFox Extensions (auto-update, html code, more status reports).
The answer to auto-update desires, of course, is Sparkle. Adium X 1.0 uses it, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia
I know, I know... OW5.5 isn't even done yet.. but I don't want these guys to rest on their Dazzling Plans.

Here is my growing list:

- Better RSS. Something along the lines of Safari, although if they figured out a way to do a better "portal" type RSS feed look, that would be great (see http://www.netvibes.com and Sage extensions)

- More bookmark features. Check for duplicates etc. Think management. Also, ability to use (Ala Shiiira) but not import Safari.

- More integration of features found in FireFox Extensions (auto-update, html code, more status reports).

- Spotlight integration of bookmarks, history, etc.

- OmniTabs Extreme: Tabs that are from the same site should be indented, smaller and grouped. If I open a new tab, and close it, bring me back to the tab I was on when I opened it.

- Integrate some of the best features of Firefox Extensions like Web Developer, X-ray, Measure It, Google Notebook, Sage and Extended Status Bar (great stuff there).

BZ
Here's a quick list from me:

- RSS feeds that are more like Safari/WebKit.app
- True single window/tab mode (if I click on a link and it wants to open a new window, I don't even want a new tab, I want to be able to force it to open in the current tab/winow -- I use middle-click and/or cmd-t if I want a new tab)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan.breeding
- RSS feeds that are more like Safari/WebKit.app

I don't understand… Several people have mentioned that recently. What's so great with that??? I really don't like RSS in Safari. You can't check the new posts through the Dock icon or in the Favorite bar. What is there to like??
If I had to say anything about RSS Support, I would say "more like NetNewsWire" not Safari :(

I know the FF plugin that I miss most in OW is DownloadSort. It basically intercepts Cmd-S and will automatically save files to different directories based on rules you set up. It's an amazing plugin...

One can already do that, but only on a per-site basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortig
I don't understand… Several people have mentioned that recently. What's so great with that??? I really don't like RSS in Safari. You can't check the new posts through the Dock icon or in the Favorite bar. What is there to like??
If I had to say anything about RSS Support, I would say "more like NetNewsWire" not Safari :(
The reason I prefer safari is because sometimes I want to view an RSS feed without bookmarking it. OmniWeb just doesn't support that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
One can already do that, but only on a per-site basis.
True, I had actually forgotten that. Thanks for the reminder.

I guess I would like to see it expanded a bit. For example, consider a site with multiple image galleries. I might open tabs for all interesting wallpapers from many different galleries and want them downloaded to separate folders based on their gallery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorya
The reason I prefer safari is because sometimes I want to view an RSS feed without bookmarking it. OmniWeb just doesn't support that.
I'm not sure I understand why that would be a normal workflow? What would cause you to desire to view a RSS feed w/o the ability to "bookmark" it or come back to it later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathekd
I know the FF plugin that I miss most in OW is DownloadSort. It basically intercepts Cmd-S and will automatically save files to different directories based on rules you set up. It's an amazing plugin...
I've actually been working on an AppleScript folder action that does this very same thing whenever anything gets added to my Downloads folder, which of course handles anything downloaded by any program. Having a few issues with it that I need to sort out, but I'll be glad to share it when I've worked out all the kinks.