The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniWeb 5.6 Sneaky Peeks now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Shortcuts aren't working in the sneakys yet, right?

None of the links on CNN work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emidwood
None of the links on CNN work.
All work fine for me. Odd?

CNN is behaving oddly. All the links work for me. However, I could not view any videos or customize my local weather.

I found that turning off ad blocking for matching ad sizes and identifying as Safari 3 makes the videos work and I can set local weather. Go figure.

To block the ads again I added this to blocked urls list:
Code:
.*/cnn_adspaces/.*
http://m1\.2mdn\.net/.*

I am sorry, when I posted my question about the CNN site not working, I hit the send button before I finished my question. I thought someone would figure it out from my very brief sentence. Sorry.
The links on the CNN site actually take you to another page, but there is only the title of the news item there, but the story is itself is missing. Let me know if you are having this same issue. Thanks.

emidwood: did you check to see if you had any ad block settings enabled? We know there are some issues with this currently. Open up your ad block preference pane and make sure the three check boxes for "Block images and other inline content" are unchecked. Reload CNN and see if the problem continues.

I was a bit surprised, given some of the issues I've seen with the last couple of alphas, to see
OmniWeb 5.6 beta 1 (17.0 MB)
listed in the RSS feed. But the URL is wrong,
/applications/omniweb/beta/
and the Release Notes link in the post (http://www.omnigroup.com/application..._releasenotes/) redirects to the page for 5.5.4.

Was the beta announcement a mistake?

All of the check boxes you mentioned have always been unchecked, so this is not the issue. This is such an odd problem to have the page come up with partial content. I assume that when you click on a link on the front page, and the new page appears, that the full news story is there and not just the headline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emidwood
All of the check boxes you mentioned have always been unchecked, so this is not the issue. This is such an odd problem to have the page come up with partial content. I assume that when you click on a link on the front page, and the new page appears, that the full news story is there and not just the headline?
Can you send us email via the Help > Send Feedback link in the OmniWeb menus? We can help get to the bottom of what's going wrong here.