The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Paste images and html into the "description" text Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello Everyone.
I need to be able to paste screen-shots (png) and other image objects into the Action's Description. I can drag a file (Picture 1.png) for example into the description and it shows as an icon, however, I need to be able to see the image and keep it formated in the text that may be surrounding it. In other words, I create description text of what I need to do and sometimes an image can help or is needed as it shows data I need. I need the image to show in the description.

Along with that, I sometimes need to paste text gathered from web pages and when I do the formatting is lost. I need the text to support html.

Is there a setting somewhere to allow these two things?

Best Regard
Dalton Hamilton

On the subject of graphics, you can attach a file in the notes field and view it in OmniFocus. If the picture is small enough, it will display inline (see screen shot below). If it is larger, you will need to use Quick Look.

For formatted text, try dragging the text into the notes field rather than copy/paste. Also in the screen shot below you can see part of the screen text that I dragged from your post into the note field. Even the links work when click on in OmniFocus. It does not retain 100% of the formatting, but it's pretty close.