The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

interest in SCXML Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I'm wondering if OmniGraffle is planning to support SCXML?
http://commons.apache.org/scxml/

It is something that would greatly improve our productivity being able to take UML and bring it into our application directly, as well as having great diagrams that help us visualize issues.

-Mark

...I for one am interested in seeing OmniGraffle support this open standard for semantic representation of state machines. I'd envision "support" entailing:
  • Importing SCXML files and laying them out (similar to DOT), and
  • Exporting SCXML files in a lossy manner (without layout or presentation information), making certain assumptions (e.g. the first label on an edge is the transition event list, the second label, if any, is a condition).