The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pasting data from Excel Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi - I bought it on the promise that getting data in was a snap. I can't get data in.

I have four columns in Excel - a date, a max, a min and an average. One row for every day in the year for 1 year - 365 rows, 4 columns.

I select the range in excel, copy, select a blank sketch, paste.

All hell breaks loose.

In "Data Points": The labels column is blank (I expect the dates to appear). The 'x' column is my max column, the 'y' column is my min column -- fair enough. My average column doesn't show up at all.

My graph shows two data series, but I have no idea what the 'x' is they are plotting against.

This is a miserable experience and I've gone back to excel.

in OmniGraphSketcher
in excel

Last edited by Brian; 2009-10-01 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: link to large images rather than show them directly

Sorry for the trouble here!

OmniGraphSketcher doesn't know what to do with your first column of dates. (We don't support date/time data yet). So we're using your second column as x - that would explain the range you're getting. Instead of using a date-formatted first column, change to days 1-365 and the import should work just fine.

If you have any questions or get stuck, be sure to email omnigraphsketcher@omnigroup.com and we'll be able to take a closer look.