The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Point connectivity workaround Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When adding lines to a graph composed of points pasted in from another application, OmniGraphSketcher connects the points from left to right, which is not always what you want. In many cases, you can get around this limitation by repeatedly using the Swap Axes command. I have an illustrated description of the method here:

http://www.leancrew.com/all-this/200...on-workaround/

Unfortunately, this method won't work on complicated data sets where both the x and y values increase and decrease. Omni should change OGS's behavior to connect the points in the order given; I can't think of any situation in which the current behavior would be preferred.