The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Spinning FileCoordinator Notification Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi -

I implemented a custom OUIDocument class and used (NSData) dataWithContentsOfURL:options:error in my - (BOOL)ReadFromURL:error: override. Thought I was being smart by specifying NSDataReadingMappedIfSafe as an option only to realize (after a few sleepless nights) that it causes endless OFSDocumentStoreFileItem:presentedItemDidChange notifications which in turn posts OFSDocumentStoreFileItemContentsChangedNotificatio n.

This is fixed by using the simple (no option version) of dataWithContentsOfURL OR the following options:
NSDataReadingUncached - works
NSDataReadingMappedAlways - works

At this point, I'm just wondering why the NSDataReadingMappedIfSafe read option causes this behavior.
Just curious.

Thanks in advance.