The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ofexport - export to text, taskpaper, html, opml Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am no longer able to retrieve the list of tasks done today. All the examples no longer work. I tried

Code:
./ofexport -t done='today' -a prune -T text
Code:
./ofexport -t done='today' -T text
When I try to export tasks done='last week', the script claims that it does not recognize "last" as a valid date.

I would like to export a short textfile for use with geektool

I need just the taskname from one context named 'telephone - private' and just available or next actions

call john 444-3456
call bank about loan
call dentist

Got this error outputting to .ics file.

of_to_ics ERROR problem parsing cal directives

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergenudd View Post
I would like to export a short textfile for use with geektool

I need just the taskname from one context named 'telephone - private' and just available or next actions

call john 444-3456
call bank about loan
call dentist
You could try something like this:

Code:
ofexport -C -c "name='telephone - private'" -t next -E -a done=any -T flat -o ~/Desktop/[insert your file name here].txt
I believe that this puts you in context mode, then finds all next actions with context name "telephone" and puts the found items in the text file using the flat template (which just lists task names, if memory serves).

Not sure that you really need -E done=any (exclude any items that are marked done). It may be that -t next filters those out on its own.

At this point, I don't think ofexport has the ability to use "available" as a filter (i.e., something like -t available).

Perhaps we'll get that in the future.

You could also try removing -t next and see what that gets you. It may look more like "remaining" under the OF availability filter.

Then, perhaps there's a way to narrow things further via a filter based on the start date, if you use start dates (e.g start date is before today).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
You could also try removing -t next and see what that gets you. It may look more like "remaining" under the OF availability filter.

Then, perhaps there's a way to narrow things further via a filter based on the start date, if you use start dates (e.g start date is before today).
Thanks Kingsinger.

At least I get some text into the text-file now.

unfortunately with -t next I only get true next actions and it doesn't seem that actions in a single action list are treated as next actions...

Also, if you have a parallell project only the first action is a next action, all others are just available. So they wouldn't show up even if I have told the program that all actions can be completed in any order...

and without -t next I get all entries in the context, including actions which I can't act on right now, they are blocked by actions that needs to be done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
With the pointer from Rob Trew (thanks!) that turned out to be pretty easy.

In the latest version you can do this now:

Code:
ofexport -f text=Work -p status=active -t next --open -o ~/Desktop/OF.taskpaper
And it produces something plausible. This is hot off the presses so I don't if there are any lurking weirdnesses yet.
Would it be possible to be able to use -t available as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
Got this error outputting to .ics file.

of_to_ics ERROR problem parsing cal directives
Was that all it said? Not very helpful :-( it probably barfed on one of the "%of cal ..." Strings. I'll try and beef up the error reporting.

BTW, the next release has incorporated your suggestion for a global default for these calendar directives so if you always want it to do the same thing you can define it once. Going to road test V3.0.1 for another day or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergenudd View Post
Would it be possible to be able to use -t available as well?
This is on my list of things to do, I have to reverse engineer the OF database to extract the information - sometimes it's obvious, sometimes not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
This is on my list of things to do, I have to reverse engineer the OF database to extract the information - sometimes it's obvious, sometimes not.

Great! Good luck :)