The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What am I doing wrong in review mode? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've got the app and am all sync'd up. The review is, for me, what really will set this apart from the iPhone version. But I can't seem to figure out how to use the review.

When I go to review, it says that no projects are due for review. This is not true as I haven't reviewed my projects in some weeks.

When I touch and hold on a project and choose the "review" option, it brings up the review window. The project says last reviewed July 11, review weekly. That seems to me to indicate that it is, in fact, due for a review. I am finding this with all projects.

My view is set to "remaining".

Anyone else having this problem? What am I doing wrong?

I was actually confused by this recently on the Mac version. I was behind on my review, but when went to the review perspective, they were all sorted under "review within the next week". Then, i checked the info pane and my "next review" dates were, in fact, in the future.

I contacted the ninjas, and apparently if you miss a review, it will automatically push the next review date forward which is probably why they are not appearing on your iPad. Im not clear on when or how far Omnifocus chooses to advance the review date.

Thanks for the reply. That's odd, because I never noticed that. I don't have my mac version with me now, but I thought I remembered seeing something along the line of "due in the last week" when I missed things. I'll have to check that out when I can access my Mac tomorrow.

You may be proving just how faulty my memory is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
I was actually confused by this recently on the Mac version. I was behind on my review, but when went to the review perspective, they were all sorted under "review within the next week". Then, i checked the info pane and my "next review" dates were, in fact, in the future.

I contacted the ninjas, and apparently if you miss a review, it will automatically push the next review date forward which is probably why they are not appearing on your iPad. Im not clear on when or how far Omnifocus chooses to advance the review date.
No, someone must be mistaken. OmniFocus should only change the next review date if you click the Mark Reviewed button, or if you edit the date in the inspector. If there's some feature that is supposed to advance the next review date because you haven't done a review on time (a perfectly dreadful idea!), it is broken, because I've got some active projects which haven't been reviewed for over a year, and they show up exactly where they should, in the "Review more than a year ago" group when grouping by Next Review.

That said, I don't understand why TripleM isn't seeing projects for review in the Review view. What does the inspector on the Mac show for the next review dates?

I have 34 projects showing up for review within the next week on my Mac. They are due August 1.

When I look at my iPad it shows no projects are due to be reviewed when I set the review period for 1 week, month, day, year....

Can't figure out why. I must have something set wrong somewhere.

I am a firefighter and will be on shift, away from my Mac, until tomorrow, so I can't answer your inspector question. What I can tell you confidently is that I haven't marked anything reviewed for weeks.
I can also say that even on my iPad, a randomly selected project shows last review as July 11, and the same project shows as review every week. By my math, that should be due for a review, but again, I may be the one mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreinke View Post
I have 34 projects showing up for review within the next week on my Mac. They are due August 1.

When I look at my iPad it shows no projects are due to be reviewed when I set the review period for 1 week, month, day, year....

Can't figure out why. I must have something set wrong somewhere.
The iPad app shows those projects for which the next review date is no longer in the future. If you make a test project on the Mac, set the next review date to yesterday and sync it over to the iPad, it should show up as available for review (it will also show that it was last reviewed today, because you created it today).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleM View Post
I am a firefighter and will be on shift, away from my Mac, until tomorrow, so I can't answer your inspector question. What I can tell you confidently is that I haven't marked anything reviewed for weeks.
I can also say that even on my iPad, a randomly selected project shows last review as July 11, and the same project shows as review every week. By my math, that should be due for a review, but again, I may be the one mistaken.
The inspector will show the year of the last reviewed date as well, but upon some fiddling, I see that the iPad app will also show the year if it is not the current year. I was thinking that perhaps the next review date was July 11, 2011, as it isn't too difficult when typing in dates in the desktop version to get the wrong year if you just type day and month...mystery remains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The iPad app shows those projects for which the next review date is no longer in the future. If you make a test project on the Mac, set the next review date to yesterday and sync it over to the iPad, it should show up as available for review (it will also show that it was last reviewed today, because you created it today).
Guess I should learn to read, the iPad states:

"No projects are DUE to be reviewed."

The Mac states:

"Review within the NEXT week"

So the review function on the iPad differs from the function on the Mac. OK, I can work with that, now that I know it. I keep forgetting that this is a separate program and not the Mac just ported over.

Yep, the Mac always shows you everything (within the constraints of the project filter), but groups it by staleness. The iPad shows you all projects (including on hold or completed or pending) which have passed their next review date, but in sidebar order, never mind that the documentation claims they are ordered by staleness. There's no question about when your review is done on the iPad :)