The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

We need an update!! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Come on OmniDudes...

Give us something for the Holiday season. Some news. Some update.

A screenshot.

BZ

I most certainly agree. I can't wait for something better suited to GTD than my text file. Being a bit of a software junkie, I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with.

I don't mean to hijak the thread, but was curious as to how often Omni people put out updates? Specifically for the OmniWeb browser.

Take a look at the Release Notes page for each of their apps. Each of the updates is dated.

Note that there is a long gap between 5.1.3 and 5.5. Much of this was because the update from WebCore to WebKit required a lot of work to re-implement all the features that OmniGroup had added to WebCore which were also absent from WebKit.

Ditto on the updates. I don't mind that it takes you time to build the thing, or that you take your time building it. I just want to know where you're at.

I just want to know how much longer I have to trudge around with Kinkless. (No offense to the Kinkless creator.)

While Kinkless is working well for me, there's the Temptation of Midnight's Inbox that beckons. Were OmniGroup to let me and those like me know how long we need to wait to get our OmniFocus fix, I bet we could and would wait. But in the absence of knowing....

So they have time to blog about Wii but not time to post a little tidbit about OmniFocus.

Focus people. Priorities! What is your next action step in building OmniFocus?

(hint: post news about it)

BZ

"They" in this case was "me", in that I did in fact make time to post about the Wii. It was a nice distraction from my increasingly frantic Macworld preparations. : )

Okay! About OmniFocus: if we had any news to share, we would be sharing it. Seriously. We have been open about the development process thus far, and we haven't suddenly made an executive decision to go quiet.

We just don't have anything to talk about yet. I'm sorry, I know you are looking forward to OmniFocus, and believe me, we are looking forward to getting it in your hands. But we don't have any dates to give you, or any specific updates other than, "we are working on it".

So: there is no OmniFocus post because I have no OmniFocus news to share. Thus you get the Wii for now, and for that I do apologize, but please don't assume we're slacking on the Focus front.

Thanks MW...

(I was mostly pulling your leg).

BZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerj
While Kinkless is working well for me, there's the Temptation of Midnight's Inbox that beckons. Were OmniGroup to let me and those like me know how long we need to wait to get our OmniFocus fix, I bet we could and would wait. But in the absence of knowing....
I loved looking at Inbox's beautiful interface. That was pretty much all I enjoyed about Inbox. :(