The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Siri Reminders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have OmniFocus for iPhone set up to accept reminders from iCloud. When I set the Reminder, it shows up in my OF for iPhone In-Box, but not on my iPad or laptop ... until I physically hit the sync button on the phone.

All other OF entries from my iPhone sync automatically to the my laptop and iPad ... just the Siri-generated reminders don't until I sync.

Am I doing something wrong?

Okay, I tried it again, and waited more patiently. It took several minutes, but it finally showed up.

Yes, it can take several minutes for a task to make it through the whole system.
Siri's Reminder needs to sync to iCloud.
Then OmniFocus iPhone needs to sync to iCloud.
Then OmniFocus iPhone needs to sync to Omni Sync Server (or whatever WebDAV you're using).
Then OmniFocus on Mac (or iPad) needs to sync to Omni Sync Server (or whatever WebDAV).

These syncs are mostly independent and all run on different timers. So it can take a while. On the other hand, the iPhone is what you used to create the action, so you're perhaps most likely to check your iPhone OmniFocus next, and that transfer only requires the first 2 syncs.

Makes perfect sense - thanks.