The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change Behavior of Closing Tabs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be great if when I closed a tab, it went back to the last active tab instead of the one above it in the tab list.

Super duper, it would be.

I agree. Even as an option in prefs.

Same here.

Count me in...

Me, too. :-)

It's unanimous!! I expect to see it in Beta 3 ;)

Just kidding, but it would be a really nice feature that (although I know nothing about programming) seems like it should be relatively easy to implement.

This wasn't as much of an issue when we couldn't have a single window mode. But now that we're opening new tabs from links from lord knows which tab, it would be really nice to go back where I came from when I close a tab.

Omni: Any chance of this making it in anytime soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
I agree. Even as an option in prefs.
Don't settle for second best and lots of useless preferences. "Last active tab" is clearly the correct behavior!

Actually, I take that back. What about when you go to a site, open an bunch of links in tabs, and then read and close them one by one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM
Actually, I take that back. What about when you go to a site, open an bunch of links in tabs, and then read and close them one by one?
Yeah but what happens more often? Personally, I'd click a link, read it, close it, be back at my page and then click the next one.

Why eat up more memory than you have to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM
That's a good point. Maybe there should be two close buttons on the tabs. A second button, maybe something like a ^ would be used to close the tab and go to the one directly above it. Whereas closing with the X would go to the last viewed tab.