The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

though link-to-tab works, error still present Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks for fixing the bug with Command+clicking a link to send it to a new tab, regardless of the type of link clicked. However, when doing so, an error sound is still produced, after the new tab is successfully created.

What is the error and do you have an example?

Not an error message. An error sound. The sound assigned for errors in Sound Preferences. The same one produced when I'm in Mail, the first message in the list is selected, and I press Up.

This is sp10, btw.

Without examples or the exact steps to reproduce it, all I can say is when I command+click a link I don't receive an alert sound.

Do you by any chance have Cocoa Gestures installed? If you do, and it's set to activate with a command-click, then that could make an error beep when clicking on links.

Cocoa Gestures, no. However, that reminded me to try something similar. I added OmniWeb to the exclude list for ICeCoffEE. Even though, the haxie is only supposed to work with textual URLs, apparently it was still interfering. The exclusion did the trick.

I think I had the same problem with ICeCoffEE with the sneaky peeks.

In sp15, I did a google search for "macbook pro dissection" in a new window, and command clicked on the link for MacDailyNews article at:
http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/9585/

And this same thing happened, the background tab focused, and became the active tab, with the 1.5 tab problem. I can't duplicate it, however, as OW isn't blocking the ads on that site, perhaps?

-Craig