The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MobileMe Calendars break iCal sync [See "replacing calendar sync" thread] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just a heads up-- if you are thinking of upgrading to the MobileMe iCal beta, please be aware that...

- It converts your local calendars to subscribed calendars- which means Omnifocus won't be able to sync to them

- Only 10.6.4 Macs can sync to the calendars-- if you have any 10.5.8 machines they won't sync.

There is a downgrade option to revert back to you old calendar, thankfully.

I'm assuming that Apple will find a way to make the calendars accessible on older machine eventually.

Will Omnifocus support server-based calendars for syncing?

I have a 10.6.4 mac and mine won't sync either. This is a bit of a pain.

Ran into this myself. When I go to the iCal section of preferences, it does not show my most recent calendars and there's no way to "refresh" the calendar list.:(
Not that I really need this feature...but I'd like it to work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottn57 View Post
Just a heads up-- if you are thinking of upgrading to the MobileMe iCal beta, please be aware that...

- It converts your local calendars to subscribed calendars- which means Omnifocus won't be able to sync to them

- Only 10.6.4 Macs can sync to the calendars-- if you have any 10.5.8 machines they won't sync.

There is a downgrade option to revert back to you old calendar, thankfully.

I'm assuming that Apple will find a way to make the calendars accessible on older machine eventually.

Will Omnifocus support server-based calendars for syncing?
Is that why none of my calendars show up on the left??

I've seen a couple of posts that have indicated that the MobileMe calendar beta breaks our ability to sync with iCal.

I haven't entered the beta, but other posters have indicated that you get out of the beta by pointing your web browser at https://www.me.com/calendar/downgrade/, if that helps...

Beware that I read if you revert back to your old iCal, any changes you made in Beta will be lost.

I use all three version of OmniFocus. I also arrange each item that I know when exactly it has to be done on the calendars - iCal on Mac, MM calendar beta on iPhone 4 (future on iPad too).

Once the items are synced to iCal, they can be easily drag and drop as events, which is a much more efficient way than input all of them again.

It's a huge pain for OmniFocus users like me to know the iCal sync does not work. OmniGroup, please keep the pace with Apple and fix this problem, never let us down as always. Thanks.

Not exactly same issue, just trying to fix a problem. I'm using Snow, I have 1.8 working, all in all things are great. When I go to OF Pref/iCal to sync, on the Calendars side it is not showing any of my active/current 3 calendars. On the Context side it does show all my contexts. The only thing showing on the Calendar side is: "(Unsynchronized)" Drag and drop from Context to the Calendar side is not working. All is updated and current. I'm open to ideas.

Are you in the MobileMe Calendar Beta or are your calendars server-based? If so, this thread may describe what's going on...

Ditto on this for me. I use OF for Mac and iPhone.

Its not working for me and I DONT want to jump out of the Beta and loose my changes :(