The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10.8.1 Seems to have broken Clip-o-tron Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfo View Post
Sorry. Not iCal. But rather Reminders so that the OS can remind us when something is due.
You can do this right now by going to Sync preferences and checking the "Publish Due reminders as a calendar" checkbox, then subscribing to that calendar.

For OmniFocus 2, we're looking at presenting due reminders directly in Notification Center (much like we do now with Growl if you have that installed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Yes, for OmniFocus 2 we're building a Forecast view which shows your upcoming tasks grouped by day along with your calendar appointments, similar to what we've done on the iPad and iPhone.
Thanks. But I do need two views:

Weekly forecast - this is what we already have with the iOS forecast view

Monthly forecast - I need to be able to see the next 30 days. See what's going to happen further over the horizon. Then I can better manage my start and due dates of my tasks.

submitting my feature request via e-mail now ;-)

Last edited by wilsonng; 2012-07-25 at 03:26 PM..

I upgraded from 10.8 to 10.8.1 today, and it seems to have broken the Clip-o-Tron. I had previously performed the recommended steps for Mountain Lion, and it had been working fine. I tried each of those steps again, and no luck.

The clipping shortcut shows up and is checked in the keyboard preferences, but just beeps at me when I try to use it.

Anyone else have this issue, or am I missing something simple?

Thanks,

Same problem here

Piotr

Yes, same problem here.

I have the same issue. New user, just downloaded omnifocus. Running 10.8.2. Clipping works fine with Safari, but just beeps within mail. Clip-o-tron looks to be installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Here are details on the workarounds for setting up the Clip-o-Tron 3000 and Mail Rule on Mac OS X 10.8: http://www.omnigroup.com/support/omnifocus-mtn-lion
New user running 1.10.4 and 10.8.2. I tried this fix for Clip-o-Tron 3000, but still can't seem to get it to work. Am using command-option-K as my clipping shortcut. Any other suggestions?

Happy to help!

We only get a chance to handle the keyboard event if the app you're clipping from declines to do so; Mail uses Command-Option-K as the shortcut for "Remove Link", under the Edit menu. Presumably, you're getting the beep because there's no link to remove in the selection. Gonna have to use a different shortcut, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Happy to help!

We only get a chance to handle the keyboard event if the app you're clipping from declines to do so; Mail uses Command-Option-K as the shortcut for "Remove Link", under the Edit menu. Presumably, you're getting the beep because there's no link to remove in the selection. Gonna have to use a different shortcut, I'm afraid.
Can't you use Keyboard Preferences to remap Mail's command to use a different shortcut, then claim Command-Option-K for clipping? I don't run ML, so I can't try it out myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Can't you use Keyboard Preferences to remap Mail's command to use a different shortcut, then claim Command-Option-K for clipping? I don't run ML, so I can't try it out myself.
Too much blood in my caffeine stream when I wrote that. This would totally work. :-)