The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Switching perspectives doesn't unhide sidebar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've set up some perspectives where I hide the sidebar. I did this by moving the sidebar-divider to the far left and saved the window. I've seen this in the video where Merlin Mann did a presentation on OmniFocus at MacWorld I think.

When I switch to such a perspective the sidebar gets hidden, but when I switch now back to one of the default-perspectives like "Inbox" or "Projects" the sidebar does not get revealed again and I have to reveal it by hand.

What am I doing wrong?

Probably worth choosing Perspectives > Show Perspectives, highlighting the perspective in question, and verifying that Layout is checked under the list of properties to restore.

Well, tried that but it doesn't work consistently. Works now for Inbox but for example not for Projects. I don't get it :(

Sorry for the confusion, neilsk; you'll want to use Rob's steps for each perspective. Set the sidebar up the way you want that view to look, check the Layout box, and then use the "Take Snapshot" item under the Perspectives menu.

Thanks Brian, now it works :D