The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Object/Shape Size, copying of Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Just got the 14-day demo of OG Pro and am building a hierarchical diagram of different data sets. I found the outline sidebar and overall ease of use for this quite good, but I find one aspect very perplexing. After making the diagram, I am now trying to do some resizing of the boxes at one level (row). I resized one of the 12 boxes manually using its corner in order to fit around the text more snugly and provide a better fit on the page.

I now want to apply that same size to all of the other shapes (rectangles) at the same "level" in the chart. It would seem that I should be able to use the shape chit in the tray to apply the new size to any of the other boxes, but it doesn't work - it appears that the size of a shape is not an attribute of the shape that can be copied since it also does not work if I try to copy the style of the newly sized rectangle to another. What am I missing? It would seem like that would be a totally accepted process for changing the size of multiple objects to match one another. Do I have to go and manually resize each object? What a hassle if that is true!!!

Thanks,
Nick