The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Two user interface pleas (please!) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I haven't been using OmniFocus for about 6 weeks now (a few weeks of panic before a long trip, followed by a long trip with no computer), so this may be too late, but...

Two things drive me crazy on the OmniFocus user interface

1) The enter key should not open the comments. That is what command-' is for. The enter key should change the selection of an item from "insert text" to "selected" and vice versa.

2) I need a "ditto" key combination. Every time I start a project, I write down the steps, and most times the context, start date, or end date of a step is the same as the one before. (I know that there is a default context, but that takes planning. I want instant gratification!). So could we use command-" (shift-command-') to be "the same as the line above"?

And while we are on the subject, take a look at Quicken's shortcuts for dates. Quicken is a terrible program, but they have done one thing right: in a date field, the keys + and - (no command) bump the date by one day, and the ' key enters today. Much better than typing "today".

Love it. Gotta add my $ to the swell of income for the Omni Group!

A