The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Shared Layers / Dynamic Objects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to have dynamic objects; that is, to clone an object so that any changes I make to the original updates all the clones too? I know that Shared Layers has this functionality, but it means that the position of any objects in the layer is also updated, so I can only use the object in the same place across canvases; I want to be able to do this but to have the object in different positions.

+1 Vote for me -- this would be very useful functionality.

+1 would be very useful to me too

Is there a way to do an "overlay" where objects in the upper layer can depend on objects in a lower shared layer (but not the other way around, of course) e.g. an object on an upper layer is attached to a magnet on a lower-layer object?

If you change the shared layer object (e.g. make it bigger), then the upper layer object is affected (e.g. it moves), but not vice versa.

Last edited by Sophie; 2009-03-24 at 05:36 AM..