The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Rev. 95365 can't remember state Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't believe I haven't run into any other posts on this today - every time I close the window and later reopen, the final position and perspective before closing is lost. I did send a report. Am I the only one this happens to?

This was broken temporarily today and should be better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
I can't believe I haven't run into any other posts on this today - every time I close the window and later reopen, the final position and perspective before closing is lost. I did send a report. Am I the only one this happens to?
It was discussed here and here.

Out of curiosity, you say you saw state preservation problems in rev 95365? That was the build that fixed it for me! I'm now on rev 95377 and it also seems fine.

Last edited by Toadling; 2007-11-29 at 08:33 PM..

I'm still having this problem with rev 95390.

To clarify, here's what I'm doing.
With the open window, I resize it, click on a perspective of mine (show context view which shows available tasks), the view bar is displayed, etc.. I close the window (but not terminate OF). Later, I click on the OF icon on the dock and I get a window that defaults to a smaller size, in planning mode with the main panel showing all projects, collapsed, and no view bar.

In the past I was always able to close the window this way and re-invoke it just as it was before.

Last edited by pvonk; 2007-11-30 at 07:32 AM..

I'm not seeing problems like that on my machine (10.5.1, rev 95390). I'm in Planning mode and open a Perspective that takes me to Context mode, close the window, click the Dock icon to open a new window, and I see my original view in Planning mode again with state preserved.

However, maybe you're running into another issue that I've seen discussed on these forums. Apparently, OF only saves the window state when you quit the app, not when closing the window. If you close a window and then click on the OF Dock icon, it displays a window with state saved from your last quit.

I believe OG is considering changing this behavior.

That's funny - until now I've never had this behavior. But I just tried your scenario (quit the app with the window in a state I like, re-invoked, window is right, so I close it and then reopen it from the dock. In this case the window retains the state.

Perhaps that's what's been happening all along (I rarely quit the app - only for upgrades).