The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notes in OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be nice to have the possibility to add annotations to contexts (people) and projects. Annotations of tasks are possible now, but simple annotations (that may be sorted on date) aren't. (Or did I miss them).

OmniFocus would not only be a tool plan your tasks, but also to create a log of things you've done, things you've told someone, things you've agreed, etc.

In Prince II, a project log plays an important role and OmniFocus couldn't help projectmanagers with that.

Somewhere on this site are some scripts by Preston Holmes (ptone ?) which manage arbitrary text (tags) via the toolbar buttons. They can then be searched (but not sorted).

doh- I guess I'm duplicating some work then! hahaha. I'll have to check out the scripts! Here's an idea of what I was playing with recently:

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell front document
		tell document window 1
			set theSelectedItems to selected trees of content
		end tell
		if ((count of theSelectedItems) = 1) then
			set selectedItem to value of item 1 of theSelectedItems
			set selectedNote to note of selectedItem
			if selectedNote contains "&Q2" then
				display alert "Project already is a Q2 project."
			else
				display alert "I will now make this project Q2"
				set newNote to "&Q2: Covey Q2 Task" & return & selectedNote
				set note of selectedItem to newNote
			end if
			return
		end if
	end tell
end tell
Very simple, but it may give you some ideas...

Last edited by a11en; 2008-01-12 at 09:30 PM..