The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

v1.12 can't shake to undo completing an action? [A: Bug, fixed in 1.13 - sorry!] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I downloaded OF 1.12 for iPhone yesterday. Is it possible that the "shake to undo" functionality was lost in this version? I was unable to do it, and when I looked for the setting to activate it, I couldn't find that, either.

Yeah, it looks like we have a bug report open on the Undo dialog not coming up in 1.12 when trying to undo the completion of an action. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing in the meantime!

Erk! Any news on a fix for this? I just had to reset the database on my iPhone before it had a chance to sync in order to avoid losing a task that I accidentally completed due to a careless touch while browsing my inbox - I didn't even see which task got completed, so was safer to just blow away the iPhone copy of my database and resync. Scary!

If you're syncing, I'm guessing you probably also have the Mac app. Make yourself a context mode perspective that shows only completed actions, grouped by completion date. Then it is easy to review what actions have been completed today and catch any that shouldn't have been. There may even be such a perspective as part of the standard set on the Mac, I don't recall off the top of my head. In that case, you just need to enable perspectives on the iPhone, which you can do by visiting this link: http://people.omnigroup.com/kc/Debug...spectives.html

The search results also show completed items if you want to un-complete something in one of the iOS apps.

(I know the coders have this on their radar screen, but as far as I know, we don't have an ETA for a release that includes the fix yet.)

Another way to uncomplete an action is to use Perspectives. If you create a new Perspective and show only completed actions, then sort them by the time they were completed, it should be easy to find things you've marked as done today.

This is especially helpful when you don't know what item you marked as completed, and so don't know what to search for.