The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iPod lost all my OmniFocus data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
SohoNYC: When you connect your iPhone to your computer, you can right-click the iPhone in iTunes and choose Back Up to make sure that you have an up-to-date backup before installing OmniFocus 1.0.1. (And right below "Back Up" is "Restore from Backup" if you do end up needing to recover any data.

Lizard:

Thank you for following up on how to do this. I was able to recover my data from before the multiple OmniFocus crashes that ultimately reset the database on its own.

I just opened a new thread asking for direction on how to use MobileMe to synch with the iPhone; if this can be done without having the desktop version of OmniFocus, which is not in my plans for now. I search all of these forums and did not find specific instructions as to how iPhone to MobileMe synch, without the desktop version, can be done.

Phil

I had setup my OmniFocus iPhone app to sync to a webdav server on my Mac, but once I installed the update even the data on the webdav server is wiped out.

Peng

Peng, please email omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com with the details of just what you were doing when the webdav data was wiped out. The upgrade process doesn't touch the webdav server, of course, so any data loss on the webdav server would have to be related to subsequent OmniFocus syncing (or something else impacting your webdav data). To the best of my knowledge, we have not had anyone else report that their webdav data was simply wiped out unless they chose the "use local data" option when prompted on the next sync, so if there is a bug, we would definitely want to try to identify it so we could address it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoni701 View Post
I stumbled upon this thread because I too suddenly lost my iPhone's database. I have been joyfully using this app for the past week, and I had dozens of entries in my iPhone. All I was doing was entering a new action. When I was done I hit the home button and POOF....all my data gone. I haven't had this problem with any of my other apps.

I REALLY enjoyed using Omnifocus but I am unwilling to start building up a new database since it can be lost without warning. This program has lost my trust.....please fix! I'm feeling heavy buyer's remorse right now.
I lost my data too--I was using MobileMe, Omnifocus for iPhone, and Omnifocus for Mac Leopard on my Macbook Pro. I woke up this morning, glad to have reduced my "to-do lists" significantly last night, and then the auto-sync of death began. I'm not sure WHO to be pissed at the most...MobileMe for not performing MULTIPLE backups of OmniFocus syncs (so that I can restore ONE of the previous ones), or OmniFocus for stupidly allowing NEW data to be overwritten by old. Can't they develop an update that can see which data is newest? Timestamps, people....Jesus Christ.

[I just asked you on another thread for more details, but these are some of the details I was looking for, so let's go from here.]

MobileMe is not at fault here. It's doing what OmniFocus told it to. OmniFocus only keeps one copy of your data on MobileMe. However, OmniFocus for Mac does create frequent backups. If the data you lost was on your Mac, you can probably get it back from one of those backups.

Before this "auto-sync of death", which had more up-to-date information, the Mac or the iPhone? Did you get any dialogs asking whether to use the Local or Server version? Any other error messages?