The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help! Weird error all of a sudden Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Help! All of a sudden I'm getting a consistent weird error whenever I'm editing, adding or deleting a task that gives me a pop-up that says "Items cannot be deleted from projectInfo". What's the deal? This is very annoying because it's happening every time I do anything. Never happened before until today. Any ideas anyone?

Last edited by smiggles; 2008-08-11 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: problem got worse

It's even worse. I thought I'd try to save and reopen OF to see if that corrects the matter. After being prompted to save the database, it won't let me save it saying "The document “OmniFocus” could not be saved. Items cannot be deleted from projectInfo."

This is even worse. Please advise.

Last edited by smiggles; 2008-08-11 at 06:22 AM..

If I were you, I would open the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus directory (~ means your home directory) and option-drag the OmniFocus.ofocus package to the desktop, so you have a copy of the database's current state.

I would then try the Rebuild Database... command from the File menu.

If that didn't work, I would restore from my most recent backup. In any case, my next step after that would be to email Omni (with Help*> Send Feedback...) to let them know about the problem, and attach the OmniFocus.ofocus package that I dragged to the desktop.

Good luck!