The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniWeb needs a good working ad blocker like PithHelmet Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I really like OmniWeb very much - especially because the 5.5 previews are rendering websites very fast on my iMac CoreDuo and workspaces are a cool feature - but until ad blocking is only poorly supported it will not be my favorite browser. Unfortunately...

At the moment I am using Safari with PithHelmet (http://culater.net/software/PithHelmet/PithHelmet.php) - and that's exactly what we need for OmniWeb. I would pay for a good working ad blocker 10 $ or more... But without this feature I cannot use OmniWeb as my default browser - I do not want to see all those boring ads...

Maybe the developer of PithHelmet would give the Omnigroup team support for integrating PithHelmet in OmniWeb... Safari and OmniWeb both use WebKit - so maybe it is not to diffucult to implement PithHelmet into OmniWeb...

Ulf