The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Implemantion behavior understanding problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Okey, that subject is probably not the best in the universe... ;)

Fwiw, here's my situation:

When I enter actions in OF, I also want to delegate them to the correct project and/or context.
However, when doing that they vanish from the Inbox, naturally.

The problem is that when they vanish from the Inbox they also vanish from my brain. Even if I entered an action that I want to do later the same day I always look in my Inbox, and if it's not there, it doesn't exist...

How do you guys and gals solve this?

Is there some reason why working out of context view isn't the appropriate solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Is there some reason why working out of context view isn't the appropriate solution?
Probably not.
The reason it doesn't work for me at the moment is that I'm in limbo between my old life and applying GTD.
With two own companies, family (with a newborn), and two rather demanding hobbies, it doesn't move very fast... Therefore some things get stuck in between, ie, in the Inbox!

If I think about it I put the most important things in the Inbox (ie, I am not designating any Project or Context to the action), so I will be sure not to loose it somewhere.

Eg, in my Inbox at the moment:
- 7 Workrelated actions
- 3 Private actions
- 2 hobby-related actions

These are all very important, and if my focus get lost on them (ie, if they vanish from the Inbox), they will be lost until I look in the Context or Project view, or think of them (and wonder "why in h*ll haven't I done that!?).

I know that this isn't the correct way to do GTD, but until I have done the entire move, I'm afraid to loose those actions, that I need to keep my eyes on.

The thing is this; I *want* to dedicate the correct project and context, but how can I be sure that I don't forget these actions?

Please point me in the right direction! :)

Why don't you flag those items. Then use the flagged view as your 'inbox' that way you can assign a context and project as you would any action and help you get into the swing of things.

Thats what I've done for now until I get used to it and set up my own perspectives that work right for me.

Flagging is a good solution. Thanks! :)