The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mixing Lion and Mountain Lion systems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I expect the answer is that I should stay on the previous release of OmniFocus for Mac but may I check, please?

I have two Macs and only one of them can be upgraded to Mountain Lion. Is it better to leave both of them on OmniFocus 1.10.2? I appreciate that this means I'll have to live with the Mail issue on the Mountain Lion one, but presumably if I did upgrade both, the result would be a Mail problem on the Lion one.

Similarly, do you have any opinion on whether I should keep both systems on Lion? I am thinking of replacing the older of my Macs but not until the next iMacs come out.

Thanks for your help,
William

+1. I'm in a similar situation with three Macs (only 1 upgradeable), an iphone, and an iPad.

The release notes for the OF update to 1.10.3 didn't mention a change to the db but it's wise to ask.

As Felixc said, it's reasonable to be hesitant about syncing different versions together.

1.10.2 and 1.10.3 should be able to sync with each other just as well as two machines running 1.10.2 would. There were no intentional changes to anything in the database format or syncing code.

Whether or not you should run Mountain Lion yet depends on too many things for me to really give you advice. Some people love to use the new shiny right away. Other people prefer to wait until the first bug fix release after the major OS (ie 10.8.1). You might also consider whether it would annoy you to have your 2 computers running different OSes and behaving slightly differently as you switch back and forth.

Last edited by Lizard; 2012-08-03 at 12:18 PM..

Thanks. I have been and thought I always would be the shiny penny type but for once I've been too busy to update. But I won't hold back now solely because of OmniFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamGallagher View Post
I have two Macs and only one of them can be upgraded to Mountain Lion. Is it better to leave both of them on OmniFocus 1.10.2? I appreciate that this means I'll have to live with the Mail issue on the Mountain Lion one, but presumably if I did upgrade both, the result would be a Mail problem on the Lion one.
OmniFocus 1.10.3 supports Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), and Mountain Lion (10.8); I'd recommend upgrading both your Macs to the latest version of OmniFocus, and then your copies of OmniFocus will be ready for Mountain Lion whenever you (and your Macs) are.

[Drop this post]

Last edited by korm; 2012-08-06 at 12:39 PM..

Hmm... the release notes are intended to match what Ken said. (In other words, 10.7 is still supported.) Can you help me understand what seems inconsistent to you? Would it be clearer to replace "previous versions of Mac OS X" with "10.6.7 and earlier"?