The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Do perspectives include "notes" view status? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks to the recent tutorial video on perspectives, I finally understand how to use this feature of OmniFocus, and I love it. However, I'm trying to figure out if the view status (i.e. shown or hidden) of notes on projects and tasks is saved into a perspective. It looks like individual notes are tracked, since if I take a snapshot with some hidden and others shown, change the view, and then trigger that perspective, they return to the state they were in when I took the snapshot (as expected).

It would be nice, though, to have a perspective track a rule for all notes, i.e. either all shown or all hidden. This rule would apply even to "new" notes and "new" items that have been entered since the last snapshot. Then I could have a "collapsed" perspective with all my notes hidden, and an "expanded" one that shows me every gritty detail.

If this is already possible, please show me how to do it. If not, would others find this useful as well? Thanks!

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but you can select the desired actions (perhaps with Command-A to select everything) and then go to Edit -> Edit Note (or hit Command-') to toggle the notes field for all the items.

Thanks, Toadling. I'll use that to show/hide notes in the meantime, until the perspectives feature supports this.