The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Upgrade iPhone to latest release of OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I email off the crash report from iPhone, and get email reply saying I need to upgrade my iPhone version to the latest release.
Help in iPhone is that I have V 1.0.2 - july 29 2008.
I have tried syncing with iTunes - no version change.
I have deleted OF from the iPhone (manual sync untick the OF Box) and then ticked box again, synced up, and restored from mobileme.
Got all the data back but still this same version.
Is this the latest version - cannot see see on the web site where the version release is.
Help and advice appreciated - if this is not the latest release then how do I download and install on iPhone?
Chris

The current version is 1.0.3.
You need to download the new version through iTunes on the Mac, or through the App Store on the iPhone.

Yes, exactly the issue I raise, but the solution you propose is what I have already tried, and I can't get it to work

Does this mean that I need to buy OF for iPhone again?

Please advise on how to do what you suggest, as I have tried, and I can't.

Your help would really be appreciated.

Chris

You didn't describe actually downloading the latest version through the App store, only re-syncing the copy you already have in iTunes. Updates aren't compulsory, so re-syncing wont automatically get you the newest version.

Either:

In iTunes, click applications in the sidebar, then check for updates.

Or:

In the app store on the iPhone, click the updates tab.

Both should find the new version, but if they don't, use search to find OF as if you were going to buy it, then click buy. As long as you are using the same account as you did when you bought it originally, you won't be charged.

Mark

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-09-05 at 03:49 AM..

Thanks Mark.

Tried to buy it again but that fizzled with no result.

So went the Applications and Check for updates strategy, which worked well first time. Also upgraded 6 other apps at the same time.

For anyone else needing to do this, here are the steps involved.

1. Connect iPhone to Mac and load up iTunes

2. In iTunes sidebar select Library > Applications

3. Click Applications and up come a window displaying all iPhone Applicaitons bought from iTunes. In my case there were 7 apps

4. At the bottom of the screen click "Check For Updates", and choose Download All.

All the updates are downloaded to the Mac. Now we need to transfer these updates from the Mac to the iPhone.

5. Now use iTunes to select iPhone, Applications, Sync All. Now all the downloaded updates are transferred to iPhone.

Hope we can soon build up a knowledge base with all this sort of information so it is freely available, Or is it already somewhere on line that I couldn't find?

Thanks again

Chris