The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How do I stop getting Sneaky Peek updates? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to get off the treadmill of being prompted to upgrade to the latest sneaky peek every 12 hours.

How do I just get notified when the next official release is ready?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdc View Post
I want to get off the treadmill of being prompted to upgrade to the latest sneaky peek every 12 hours.

How do I just get notified when the next official release is ready?

Thanks
Go to the Preferences panel in OmniFocus, select the Update pane, change the frequency with which it checks to Monthly. Or turn it off entirely and watch the forums or the product page. There isn't an automatic option to only check for an official release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Go to the Preferences panel in OmniFocus, select the Update pane, change the frequency with which it checks to Monthly. Or turn it off entirely and watch the forums or the product page. There isn't an automatic option to only check for an official release.
I'd be a bit nervous about setting the updates to monthly. The Sneaky Peeks have expiry dates to cut down on people reporting bugs that have already been fixed. A monthly update cycle might be an invitation to having your copy of OF expire. Weekly might be a better bet.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I'd be a bit nervous about setting the updates to monthly. The Sneaky Peeks have expiry dates to cut down on people reporting bugs that have already been fixed. A monthly update cycle might be an invitation to having your copy of OF expire. Weekly might be a better bet.
Good point, of course. Yet another example for my long-held belief that simply giving the customer what they ask for is not always the right thing :-)

thank you