The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Date Issues With OF for iPad - Alert dates added automatically, can't be deleted Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It seems like there's some kind of bug with the dating feature for OF in iPad ... I just downloaded it and synched with the server, and OF for iPad added some kind of date tags to about 70 of the items I had in my OF library, though they had no date in my library before. So now suddenly when I open OF there are 70 alerts for past due items that aren't really past due ... the date added to them is the date I downloaded the OF for iPad for the first time, but it's now synched with all my computers and my phone, so those 70 past due items are showing up on all my platforms. And there seems to be no way to remove this date stamp. When I open the items that say they're past due, there is no date in the start or end date field, and if I try to zero that field out, it doesn't change anything. This has completely scrambled my tasks, so I now can't tell when something is actually due or past due. How can I fix this?

If the project that contains an action is due, the action is treated as if it has that same due date, whether it has no explicitly assigned due date, or a later one. It sounds like some of your projects have due dates that you don't expect.

I would go into iTunes with iPad connected, select the Apps tab, go to the bottom, select OmniFocus, click on the OmniFocus.ofocus file on the right and save it to the desktop. The support ninjas may be able to figure out what happened from the transaction history contained therein. Do that before you do anything else, to avoid obscuring any evidence. Then send them a report at omnifocus-ipad@omnigroup.com and attach the file.

As you also have the Mac application, you can open up view showing projects sorted by last changed to see what/when changes were made to your database to add the spurious due dates, and do similarly in a context mode view to see if actions were changed.

Have to say this is an odd one, on the face of it!

The plot thickens with this one ... none of the projects are due, in response to the post above. But the latest twist is that these due date flags are only added to items in my single action list ... if it's an item that's part of a larger project, or just categorized as misc, it doesn't add a date. And if I change the category from "single action" to something else, the date flag vanishes (the item is no longer red in OF), but if I re-categorize it as an item on my single action list, it appears red again.

If you haven't made a backup as I suggested, please do that first.

From Safari on your iPad, visit http://people.omnigroup.com/kc/Debug...dDatabase.html and tap on the link there. Follow the directions. Any improvement?