The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can label text be curved along a line or path? [A: not yet, but a feat. req. is open] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there anyway to write text along a curve in Omnigraffle.

I need to do a complex pie diagram and the text needs to run along the outside or inside of an arc.

No, OmniGraffle doesn't do text along a curve. There's a post at the end of this thread that may help working around the limitation, though.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4054

Can anyone tell me how to bend text around a curve, like a circle or Bezier line? I can't seem to figure it out.

Unfortunately, that isn't possible in OmniGraffle (it lacks any skewing or similar features at all).

Bummer. Thank you for the answer.

I have a diagram with curved arrows linking the various boxes. When I label the arrows, the text of the label is on a straight line. Is there a way to have the label text curve with the line it is associated with? thanks

I'm afraid that there isn't a method to have the label curve along and follow the line, however it's something that we very much want to implement in the future.

Hi! I'm not sure I'm using the right terms but is it possible to "bind" a label to a line/path so that it follows a curvature? I make maps for film crews with omnigraffle and would like to have a road name follow the path of the road.

I haven't found anything that looks like the right tool.

Thanks for your help!

J

Curving label text along a line or path isn't supported at the moment, but that's something we'd like to support in the future.

Lest this fall off the radar, let me add a "me too" to the feature request for curved text. A little love from Omni about the product roadmap for 'Graffle would be lovely. Is v6 under active development, now you've got the iPad version out the door?